1. The seasonal output of a new experimental strain of pepper plants was carefully weighed. The mean weight per plant is 15.0 pounds, and the standard deviation of the normally distributed weights is 1.75 pounds. Of the 200 plants in the experiment, how many produced peppers weighing between 13 and 16 pounds?
2. Which of the following is true in a normal distribution?
Mean equals the mode and the median
Mode equals the median
Mean divides the distribution into two equal parts
All of the above
3. A z-score is the distance between a selected value (X) and the population mean (µ) divided by the population standard deviation (σ).
4. A study of a company’s practice regarding the payment of invoices revealed that an invoice was paid an average of 20 days after it was received. The standard deviation equaled five days. Assuming that the distribution is normal, what percent of the invoices were paid within 15 days of receipt?
5. The average score of 100 students taking a statistics final was 70 with a standard deviation of 7. Assuming a normal distribution, what test score separates the top 5% of the students from the lower 95% of students?
6. The shape of any uniform probability distribution is
7. Suppose a tire manufacturer wants to set a mileage guarantee on its new XB 70 tire. Tests revealed that the tire’s mileage is normally distributed with a mean of 47,900 miles and a standard deviation of 2,050 miles. The manufacturer wants to set the guaranteed mileage so that no more than 5 percent of the tires will have to be replaced. What guaranteed mileage should the manufacturer announce?
8. The mean amount of gasoline and services charged by Key Refining Company credit customers is $70 per month. The distribution of amounts spent is approximately normal with a standard deviation of $10. What is the probability of selecting a credit card customer at random and finding the customer charged between $70 and $83?
9. In stratified random sampling, a population is divided into subgroups called strata and a sample is randomly selected from each stratum.
10 . A group of statistics students decided to conduct a survey at their university to find the average (mean) amount of time students spend studying per week. Based on a simple random sample, they surveyed 144 students. The statistics showed that students studied an average of 20 hours per week with a standard deviation of 10 hours. What is the probability that a sample mean would exceed 20 hours per week?
Cannot be calculated based on the given information.
11. When systematic random sampling is used, the central limit theorem cannot be applied.
12. The standard error of the mean will vary according to the size of the sample. As the sample size n gets larger, the variability of the sample means gets smaller.
13. Based on the central limit theorem, sampling error will decrease as sample size decreases.
14. The Intelligence Quotient (IQ) test scores are normally distributed with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15. What is the probability that a person would score 130 or more on the test?
15. A marketing firm is studying consumer preferences for winter fashions in four different months. From a population of women, 18-21 years of age, a random sample of 100 women was selected in January. Another random sample of 100 women was selected in March. Another random sample of 100 women was selected in June. Another random sample of 100 women was selected in September.
The sample size was 4.
The sample size was 100.
The sample size was 400.
The sample size was 1.
16. Based on the central limit theorem, the mean of all the sample means is
17. A company is studying the number of monthly absences among its 125 employees. The following probability distribution shows the likelihood that people were absent 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 days last month.
Given the probability distribution, which of the following predictions is correct?
Number of absent Probability
60% of the employees will have more than one day absent for a month.
There is a 0.04 probability that an employee will be absent 1 day during a month.
There is a 0.12 probability that an employee will be absent 2 days during a month.
There is a 0.50 probability that an employee will be absent 0.72 days during a month.
A binomial distribution is a continuous probability distribution.
19. David’s gasoline station offers 4 cents off per gallon if the customer pays in cash and does not use a credit card. Past evidence indicates that 40% of all customers pay in cash. During a one-hour period twenty-five customers buy gasoline at this station.
This situation is an example of what type of discrete probability distribution?
Continuous probability distribution
Poisson probability distribution
Binomial probability distribution
Hypergeometric probability distribution
20. The weight of an offensive linesman may be 205.15 pounds, 210.23 pounds, 225.05 pounds or 219.14 pounds. What is this an illustration of?
Continuous random variable
Discrete random variable
All of the above
21. Sixty percent of the customers of a fast food chain order a hamburger, french fries and a drink. If a random sample of 15 cash register receipts is selected, what is the probability that 10 or more will show that the above three food items were ordered?
22. To construct a binomial probability distribution, the number of trials and the probability of success must be known.
23. The probability of a particular outcome must always be between 0 and 100 inclusive.
24. The binomial probability distribution is always negatively skewed.
25 . A discrete random variable can have only certain clearly separated values.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.