1. A goodness-of-fit test involves three different categories.
a. How many degrees of freedom are associated with this test?
b. What is the critical value for χ2 at α=.05?
c. What is the critical value at α=.01?
2. 6. If a test is reliable, each subject will tend to get the same score each time he or she takes the test. Therefore, the correlation between two administrations of the test should be high. The reliability of the verbal GRE was tested using five subjects, as shown in the table below:
verbal GRE (1) verbal GRE (2)
a. What is the value of the correlation coefficient? What is the value of SP (sum of the products – numerator of the correlation coefficient)? What is the value of SSx and SSy ?
b. Is the correlation significantly different from zero? what is the critical r value?
c. calculate the regression line predicting the second exam from the first exam. What is the value of the slope what is the value of the Y intercept
d. Does the slope provide support for a significant linear relationship between exam 1 and exam 2?
SS regression =
MS regression =
SS residual =
What is the critical F value?
What is your statistical decision?
3. 8. In spite of what may seem obvious, medical research has shown that being cold is not related to catching a cold. Imagine that in one such study, 40 subjects were exposed to cold viruses. Then half of the subjects were randomly assigned to remain in a cold room for several hours, and the other half remain in a room kept at ordinary room temperature. At the end of the experiment, the numbers of subjects who catch a cold are as shown in the following table:
cold room normal temperature room Total
caught cold 14 12
no cold 6 8
a. What is the null hypothesis? Being cold is not related to catching a cold.
b. test the null hypothesis at the .05 level. What is the value of the critical value? What is the value of the test statistic (show work)? What is your conclusion?
c. given your decision, which type of error (type I or II) could you be making ?
4. A famous logic problem has four possible answers (A, B, C, and D). Extensive study has demonstrated that 40% of the population chooses the correct answer A, 26% choose B, 20% choose C, and 14% choose D. A new study has been conducted with 50 subjects to determine whether presenting the problem in concrete terms changes the way subjects solve the problem. In the new study, 24 subjects choose A, 8 subjects choose B, 16 subjects choose C, and only 2 subjects choose D.
a. State the null and alternative hypotheses
b. Calculate the appropriate test statistic .
c. How many degrees of freedom are there for this test statistic?
d. What is the critical value for alpha = .05 ?
e. State your conclusions in terms of the original research question
5. Suppose there is a perfect negative correlation between the amounts of time spent (on average) answering each question on a test and the total score on the test. Assume that Mx=30 seconds, and sx=10 seconds for the time per item, and that My=70, with Sy=14 for the total score.
a. If someone spent 10 seconds per item, what total score would they receive?
b. If someone’s score on the exam was 49, how many seconds did they spend per item?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.