Checkout Time (in minutes) Frequency
1.0 – 1.9 5
2.0 – 2.9 6
3.0 – 3.9 4
4.0 – 4.9 3
5.0 – 5.9 2
1. What percentage of the checkout times was less than 3 minutes?
2. Calculate the mean of this frequency distribution.
3. Calculate the standard deviation of this frequency distribution.
4. Assume that the smallest observation in this dataset is 1.2 minutes. Suppose this observation were incorrectly recorded as 0.12 instead of 1.2. Will the mean increase, decrease, or remain the same? Will the median increase, decrease or remain the same?
A 6-faced die is rolled two times. Let A be the event that the outcome of the first roll is greater than 4. Let B be the event that the outcome of second roll is an odd number.
5. What is the probability that the outcome of the second roll is an odd number, given that the first roll is greater than 4?
6. Are A and B independent? Why or why not?
A random sample of STAT200 weekly study times in hours is as follows: 4 14 15 17 20
7. Find the standard deviation.
8. Are any of these study times considered unusual in the sense of our textbook? Explain. Does this differ with your intuition? Explain.
Refer to the following table for Questions 9, 10, and 11. Show all work. Just the answer, without supporting work, will receive no credit.
The table shows temperatures on the first 12 days of October in a small town in Maryland.
Date Temperature Date Temperature Date Temperature
Oct 1 73 Oct 5 53 Oct 9 66
Oct 2 66 Oct 6 52 Oct 10 49
Oct 3 65 Oct 7 62 Oct 11 53
Oct 4 70 Oct 8 55 Oct 12 57
9. Determine the five-number summary for this data.
10. Determine the mean temperature.
11. Determine the mode(s), if any.
There are 1000 students in the senior class at a certain high school. The high school offers two Advanced Placement math / stat classes to seniors only: AP Calculus and AP Statistics. The roster of the Calculus class shows 100 people; the roster of the Statistics class shows 80 people. There are 45 overachieving seniors on both rosters.
12. What is the probability that a randomly selected senior is in at least one of the two classes?
13. What is the probability that a randomly selected senior takes only one class?
A box contains 10 chips. The chips are numbered 1 through 10. Otherwise, the chips are identical. From this box, we draw one chip at random, and record its value. We then put the chip back in the box. We repeat this process two more times, making three draws in all from this box.
14. How many elements are in the sample space of this experiment?
15. What is the probability that the three numbers drawn are all multiples of 3?
x 2 3 4 5 6
P(x) 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.1 0.3
16. Determine the expected value of x.
17. Determine the standard deviation of x.
Consider the following situation for Questions 18, 19 and 20. Show all work. Just the answer, without supporting work, will receive no credit.
Mimi just started her tennis class three weeks ago. On average, she is able to return 15% of her opponent’s serves. Let random number X be the number of serves Mimi returns. As we know, the distribution of X is a binomial probability distribution. If her opponent serves 10 times, please answer the following questions:
18. What is the number of trials (n), probability of successes (p) and probability of failures (q), respectively? (5 pts)
19. Find the probability that she returns at least 2 of the 10 serves from her opponent . (10 pts)
20. Find the mean and standard deviation for the probability distribution. (10 pts)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.