Lab Assignment 2: Methods
The purpose of this assignment is to help you design an instrument that will allow you to collect data to answer your research question. We will provide you with feedback that should help you improve your instrument, so we ask that you do not begin collecting data before receiving your feedback and grade.
Friday, March 14th, 2014
All assignments should be submitted to the d2l dropbox by 10:00 pm on the due date. We encourage you to submit early in case problems arise due to your computer, internet access, or the d2l site. If you are unable to submit due to one of these problems, you MUST email your TA the assignment by 10:00 pm on the due date.
Only one person in each group needs to submit the assignment and the TAs will only grade one assignment per group. Please be sure to include the names of all group members so that everyone receives credit.
Your assignment should be no more than 1-2 double spaced pages. Please note the 1-2 pages does not include your instrument. Feel free to use more space to create a well-designed instrument. You must type all assignments and make full use of spell check/grammar check features. We will not waste time trying to interpret poor grammar. All assignments must be in APA format. We do not require cover sheets, but you must use appropriate section headings and references when appropriate.
The assignment is worth 25 points. You will be graded on the description and appropriateness of your methodological approach, design, sample, and procedure. We will also be grading on how well your instrument matches your research question and allows you to collect quality data that will help you to answer your research question. As always, grammar, editing, and the general ease of reading your assignment are important.
For this assignment, you will be asked to prepare for data collection. You should plan on collecting data from 10-15 people if you are doing a survey and 3-6 people if you are doing an interview. If you plan on making observations, plan a minimum of 3 observations at least 5-10 minutes in length, but feel free to make more or longer observations as well. Just keep in mind that you will have to code your observations for emerging themes, so it is important to only collect as much information as you think you can handle.
Your assignment must include:
· Revised research question and hypothesis
· Your paper must begin with your research question and hypothesis.
· Revise the research question and hypothesis if necessary according to your TA’s feedback.
· Please note: You are not resubmitting your entire Assignment 2. We are only asking you to revise your research question and hypothesis if necessary.
· Description of your methodological approach and design
· State whether your method is quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods.
· Be sure to demonstrate correct understanding of this approach.
· Explain why you have chosen this method.
· Indicate your chosen design (e.g., descriptive, correlational, experimental, case study, interview, focus group, ethnography).
· Be sure to demonstrate correct understanding of this design.
· Identify your independent and dependent variables.
· Explain why this design is appropriate to answering your research question.
· Description of your sample
· Describe who will be in your sample (e.g., gender, age, race/ethnicity, profession)
· Describe where you will locate your sample.
· Describe how you will recruit people to be included. This is separate from where you will locate them.
· Explain why this sample is appropriate to answering your research question and tell us why you are interested in this specific population.
· Create Your Instrument
· Create the instrument you plan on using for your study. Do not simply describe it. Be sure that it will elicit quality data that will help you answer your research question. In addition, pay attention to how your instrument is formatted. It should be well organized and easily interpreted.
· If you are doing a survey, include the survey you will be using.
· Surveys should include 5-15 items.
· If you are doing interviews, include your interview questions.
· Interviews should include 5-10 questions.
· If you are doing observations, include an example of what your field notes will look like.
· Field notes should include a description of the location of the observation, the time of day, the number of people, and what they are doing. You must include all relevant information from the setting that you think will help address your research question. Be sure to include your thoughts about your observations.
· If you are doing an experiment, include the procedure and describe how you will measure your variables.
· Be sure to define your independent and dependent variables.
· Procedures must include step-by-step instructions for conducting the experiment.
*Note: Do not complete this assignment using bullet points. This assignment needs to be conducted in an essay format. In addition, please attempt to keep your writing organized. Every paragraph should have a clear purpose. You may want to think of every black bullet point as its own paragraph if it helps you to keep your writing focused.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.