T F 1. Multiple regression analysis is used when one independent variable is used to predict values of two or more dependent variables.
T F 2. A net regression coefficient, b3, indicates the change in the predicted value for a unit change in X3 when all other Xi variables are held constant.
T F 3. Multiple regression analysis examines the relationship of several dependent variables on the independent variable.
T F 4. The coefficient of multiple determination reports the strength of the association between a dependent variable and a set of independent variables.
T F 5. Multiple R2 measures the proportion of explained variation relative to total variation.
T F 6. A correlation matrix shows individual correlation coefficients for all pairs of variables.
T F 7. A dummy variable is added to the regression equation to control for error.
8. In multiple regression analysis, residual analysis is used to test the requirement that
A) the variation in the residuals is the same for all fitted values of Y`
B) the independent variables are the direct cause of the dependent variable
C) the number of independent variables included in the analysis is correct
D) prediction error is minimized
9. How is the degree of association between a set of independent variables and a dependent variable measured?
A) Confidence intervals.
C) Coefficient of multiple determination
D) Standard error of estimate
10. In a multiple regression ANOVA table, explained variation is represented by
A) the regression sum of squares
B) the total sum of squares
C) the regression coefficients
D) the correlation matrix
11. If the coefficient of multiple determination is 0.81, what percent of variation is not explained?
12. In multiple regression analysis, testing the global null hypothesis that the multiple regression coefficients are all zero is based on
A) a z statistic
B) a t statistic
C) a F statistic
D) binomial distribution
13. In the general multiple regression equation which of the following variables represents the Y intercept?
14. What can we conclude if the net regression coefficients in the population are not significantly different from zero?
A) A strong relationship exists among the variables
B) No relationship exists between the dependent variable and any of the independent variables
C) The independent variables are good predictors
D) Good forecasts are possible
15. Which of the following is a characteristic of the F-distribution?
A) Normally distributed
B) Positively skewed
C) Negatively skewed
D) Equal to the t-distribution
16. In a regression analysis, three independent variables are used in the equation based on a sample of forty observations. What are the degrees of freedom associated with the F-statistic?
A) 3 and 39
B) 4 and 40
C) 3 and 36
D) 2 and 39
17. Which statistic tests hypotheses about individual regression coefficients?
C) X2 (chi-square statistic)
18. The coefficient of determination measures the proportion of
A) explained variation relative to total variation.
B) variation due to the relationship among variables.
C) error variation relative to total variation.
D) variation due to regression.
19. For a unit change in X1 holding X2 constant, what change can be expected in the dependent variable
in the multiple regression equation Y’ = 5.2 + 6.3X1 – 7.1X2?
A) – 7.1
B) + 6.3
C) + 5.2
D) + 4.4
20. The best example of a null hypothesis for a global test of a multiple regression model is:
A) Ho:β1= β2= β3= β4
C) Ho:β1= 0
D) If F is greater than 20.00 then reject
Use the following to answer questions 21-24:
The following correlations were computed as part of a multiple regression analysis that used education,
job, and age to predict income.
Income Education Job Age
Education 0.677 1.000
Job 0.173 -0.181 1.000
Age 0.369 0.073 0.689 1.00
21. What is this table called?
A) Net regression coefficients
B) Coefficients of nondetermination
C) Analysis of variance
D) Correlation matrix
22. Which is the dependent variable?
23. Which independent variable has the strongest association with the dependent variable?
24. Which independent variable has the weakest association with the dependent variable?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.