1) Unstructured interviews are best used for
A. measuring worker productivity
B. solving manufacturing defect problems
C. assessing management effectiveness
D. asking individualized questions with no specific order
2) A recent study of breast cancer revealed that 13% of the women in the sample used antibiotics more than 500 days in their lifetime. Further, 79% of these “heavy antibiotics users” developed breast cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, one in twelve women will develop breast cancer at some time in her life. Of the numbers mentioned, which are parameters?
A. 13% and 79%
B. 13% and one in twelve
C. 79% and 500 days
D. 79% and one in twelve
3) Basic business research methods would be used to
A. identify factors that affect worker absenteeism
B. evaluate a retail store’s inventory tracking system
C. assess consumer acceptance of a redesigned computer keyboard
D. determine the effect of a 10% price increase on the sale of school supplies
4) The collection and summarization of the socioeconomic and physical characteristics of the employees of a particular firm is an example of
A. inferential statistics
B. descriptive statistics
C. a parameter
D. an estimation
5) Which of the following is an example of statistical inference?
A. Counting the number of patients who file malpractice suits after being discharged from hospitals in New York
B. Calculating the mean number of fruit trees damaged by Mediterranean fruit flies in California last year
C. Calculating the mean age of patients discharged from hospitals in New York in 1997
D. Calculating the amount of fly spray needed for your orchard next season
6) A logically conjectured statement that describes the relationship between two or more variables and is formulated for empirical testing is a
D. thesis statement
7) The variable that causes a measurable effect or change on the dependent variable is
8) Survey questionnaires may be effectively used for research to determine
A. defect rates in automobile parts coming off a production line
B. the effect of price changes on sales volume
C. the attitudes of prospective voters
D. how temperature and humidity affect concrete cure time
9) A company is designing a survey to obtain information on the reliability of a product it sells. To obtain the most valid research information, who should the company send this type of survey to?
A. A random sample of its customers
C. Customers who have bought the product
10) The following practice is considered ethical when conducting business research:
A. Disclosing some, but not all, financial interests that may affect research
B. Allowing participants to withdraw from a business research project whenever they ask to do so
C. Keeping minimal records of research activities and research design
D. Revealing only a small part of the purpose of the business research project
11) If a population distribution is skewed to the right, then given a random sample from that population, one would expect that the
A. median is greater than the mean
B. mode is equal to the mean
C. median is less than the mean
D. median is equal to the mean
12) Textbook Price Number of Textbooks
$25 to $35 2
$35 to $45 16
$45 to $55 5
$55 to $65 7
$65 to $75 20
Estimate the standard deviation of the price of a textbook.
13) Textbook Price Number of Textbooks
$25 to $34.99 2
$35 to $44.99 16
$45 to $54.99 5
$55 to $64.99 7
$65 to $74.99 20
Estimate the mean price of a textbook.
14) A supermarket has determined that daily demand for eggs has a bell-shaped distribution, with a mean of 55 cartons and a standard deviation of six cartons. If the supermarket begins each morning with a stock of 61 cartons of eggs, approximately what percentage of days will there be a surplus of eggs?
15) Which of these measurement scales has a rank order associated with its use?
16) Identify the scale that has no meaningful zero.
17) __________ is a measure of the chance that an uncertain event will occur.
A. Random experiment
B. Sample space
D. A complement
18) The Information Commons in the main library has 150 personal computers. The probability that any of them will require repair on a given day is 0.02. To find the probability that 25 of the computers will require repair, one would use what type of probability distribution?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.