1. Using the MM207 Student Data Set: a) What is the correlation between student cumulative GPA and the number of hours spent on school work each week? Be sure to include the computations or StatCrunch output to support your answer. b) Is the correlation what you expected? c) Does the number of hours spent on school work have a causal relationship with the GPA? d) What would be the predicted GPA for a student who spends 16 hours per week on school work?.
2. Using the MM207 Student Data Set: a) Select a continuous variable that you suspect would not follow a normal distribution. b) Create a graph for the variable you have selected to show its distribution. c) Explain why these data might not be normally distributed. d) Select a second continuous variable that you believe would approximate a normal distribution e) Create a graph to show its distribution. f) Explain why these data might be normally distributed.
3. Jonathan is a 42 year old male student and Mary is a 37 year old female student thinking about taking this class. Based on their relative position, which student would be farther away from the average age of their gender group based on this sample of MM207 students?
4. If you were to randomly select a student from the set of students who have completed the survey, what is the probability that you would select a male? Explain your answer.
5. Using the sample of MM207 students: a) What is the probability of randomly selecting a person who is conservative and then selecting from that group someone who is a nursing major? b) What is the probability of randomly selecting a liberal or a male?
6. Facebook reports that the average number of Facebook friends worldwide is 175.5 with a standard deviation of 90.57. If you were to take a sample of 25 students, what is the probability that the mean number Facebook friends in the sample will be 190 friends or more?
7. Select a random sample of 30 student responses to question 6, “How many credit hours are you taking this term?” Using the information from this sample, and assuming that our data set is a random sample of all Kaplan statistics students, estimate the average number of credit hours that all Kaplan statistics students are taking this term using a 95% level of confidence. Be sure to show the data from your sample and the data to support your estimate.
8. Assume that the MM207 Student Data Set is a random sample of all Kaplan students; estimate the proportion of all Kaplan students who are male using a 90% level of confidence.
9. Assume you want to estimate with the proportion of students who commute less than 5 miles to work within 2%, what sample size would you need?
10. A professor at Kaplan University claims that the average age of all Kaplan students is 36 years old. Use a 95% confidence interval to test the professor’s claim. Is the professor’s claim reasonable or not? Explain.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.