1. What is the value of the Pearson coefficient of skewness for a distribution with a mean of 17, median of 12 and standard deviation of 6?
2. A dot plot and a scatter diagram are different names for the same graph.
3The interquartile range is the difference between the values of the first and third quartile, indicating the range of the middle fifty percent of the observations.
4. Quartiles divide a distribution into ten equal parts.
5. A dot plot is useful for showing the mode of a distribution.
6.A coin is tossed four times. The probability is ¼ or 0.25 that all four tosses will result in a head face up.
7. A rug manufacturer has decided to use 7 compatible colors in her rugs. However, in weaving a rug, only 5 spindles can be used. In advertising, the rug manufacturer wants to indicate the number of different color groupings for sale. How many color groupings using the seven colors taken five at a time are there? (This assumes that 5 different colors will go into each rug, i.e., there are no repetitions of color.)
8. The joint probability of two independent events, A and B, is computed as: P(A and B) = P(A) P(B).
9. The Cunard luxury liner, Queen Elizabeth 2, cannot be docked in Hong Kong and Bangkok at the same time. Events such as these that cannot occur simultaneously are said to be outcomes.
10. if two events are mutually exclusive, then P(A or B) = P(A) P(B).
11.A group of employees of Unique Services will be surveyed about a new pension plan. In-depth interviews with each employee selected in the sample will be conducted. The employees are classified as follows.
Group A 120
Gtoup B 50
Group C 1460
Group D 302
Group E 68
What is the probability that the first person selected is either in Group B or Group E ?
12.A student received an “A” on the first test of the semester. The student wants to calculate the probability of scoring an “A” on the second test. Historically, the instructor knows that the joint probability of scoring “A”‘s on the first two tests is 0.5. Also, historically, the probability that a student scores an “A” on the second test given that a student scored an “A” on the first test is 0.9. What is the probability that a student will score an “A” on the second test?
13 If an experiment, such as a die-tossing experiment, has a set of events that includes every possible outcome, the set of events is called collectively exhaustive.
14. A tire manufacturer advertises, “the median life of our new all-season radial tire is 50,000 miles. An immediate adjustment will be made on any tire that does not last 50,000 miles.” You purchased four of these tires. What is the probability that all four tires will wear out before traveling 50,000 miles?
1/10 or 0.10
¼ or 0.
1/64 or 0.0156
1/16 or 0.0625
15.Six basic colors are used in decorating a new condominium. They are applied to a unit in groups of four colors. One unit might have gold as the principal color, blue as a complementary color, red as the accent color and touches of white. Another unit might have blue as the principal color, white as the complimentary color, gold as the accent color and touches of red. If repetitions are permitted, how many different units can be decorated?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.